little boots rodeo
The Little Boots Rodeo has been a key event for nearly 25 years and has been the start for many young people who have taken their experiences and continued on to high school, college and professional rodeo endeavors. Contestants also learn other life lessons and skills in these rodeos and the Queen/Princess Pageant. But mostly, our professional team wants everyone to simply enjoy this family-oriented event as the children partake in this fun-filled day of playing in the dirt and kicking up arena dust!
Ages 3-16 as of Rodeo day
It is highly recommended that contestants pre-register online prior to rodeo day to avoid events filling to capacity during pre-registration. Pre-registration guarantees the event(s) and avoids disappointment if trying to register on rodeo day.
- Justalil’ Rodeo Company/Little Boots Rodeo has a no refund policy.
- The Queen/Princesses pageant has a separate registration form.
- Speed events in all age divisions and also mutton bustin’ may fill to capacity at the conclustion of pre-registration.
- Access frequently asked questions here.
- Location: Pike County Cattlemen’s Park, Troy, AL
- For directions click here. Separate registration & release form for each child are required
- Gates open at 7 a.m.
- Final registration 7:30-8:30 AM.
- Grand entry 9:30 AM
- Pre-registered contestants must check in during final registration at the registration table to receive their back number.
- Registration accepted on rodeo day if events are not full.
- No changes or additions once final registration closes.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Compete rodeo rules are found here.
Queen & Princess Pageant
Click here to download the pageant packet with complete rules, schedule, and guidelines
- The pageant is held at the rodeo arena on Friday evening before rodeo day.
- Queen and princess pageant winners will be announced after the grand entry.
- No pageant contestants will be allowed to ride in the grand entry.
- Register for the pageant here.
Questions regarding the pageant may be emailed to email@example.com or call 334-343-2430.
All-Around Cowboy/Cowgirls Awards
- Only the Junior and Senior division contestants are eligible for All-Around Awards.
- No awards other than 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and participant ribbons are given to the Pee Wee Division contestants.
- Montana Silver belt buckles are awarded to the All-Around Cowboy/Cowgirl in both the Junior and Senior divisions and to the Reserve All Around winners in both the Senior and Junior divisions who have scored the most points.
- Awards announced at the conclusion of the rodeo.
All-Around Award Points
- If a horse breaks a pattern and/or barrier, no second try will be given.
- The contestant will be awarded a score of “zero” and exit the arena immediately. (Contestant will receive 2 points toward all-around award for an attempt/try).
- In the event of a tie the arena race time will determine the winner.
Want to advertise with us?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Various packages and options for different budgets.
- Get visibility online, in print and in the arena.
- FREE 10×10 Vendor space for all advertisers (no utilities available).
- Douglas Horton – 4HImages is the Justalil’ Rodeo Company’s Official Photographer. Click here for 4HImages website
- No photographer will be available Friday night for Queen/Princess Pageant; however, he will be in and around the arena on rodeo day.
- Prints and packages are available through the 4HImages web page by clicking here